John Speraw, Chairman of the Board, Director & Co-Founder
- Head coach of the U.S. Men’s National Volleyball Team since 2013
- Head coach of UCLA Men’s Volleyball since 2012
- Led U.S. Men’s National Team to Bronze medal in 2016 Rio Olympics and the World Cup Gold Medal in 2015.
- Speraw joined the U.S. Men’s staff in 2007 under then head coach Hugh McCutcheon. In 2008, the U.S. Men won the gold medal at the Olympic Games in Beijing
- Head Coach UC Irvine where they won three national championships in six years
- Has been a part of eight NCAA men’s volleyball championship teams
- Graduated from UCLA in 1995 with a bachelor of science degree in microbiology and molecular genetics
- John is married to Michelle and they have two daughters Brooklyn and Hailey
Bill Andrew, Director
- Private Investor and philanthropist
- Co-Founder, Director and life member of the Andrew Family Foundation
- Co-Manager and Co-Founder of Ocean Blue Entertainment
- Serves on the Executive Committee and a limited partner of the Arizona Diamondbacks Major League Baseball team
- Serves on The Board of Trustees of The College of Wooster and The Summit School of Ahwatukee
- Served on board or management committee roles for many organizations including Arizona Community Foundation, Knights Apparel, Inlign Wealth Management, Applied Photonics, Whisper Creek Log Homes, Sound Surgical Technologies, Tapeworks, and Valley Youth Theatre.
- Earned his B.A. from The College of Wooster and earned his M.S. (’90) and PhD (’96) Degrees in Electrical Engineering from Arizona State University.
- Married to Pat and they have three children Billy, Katie and Kelly. Billy plays volleyball at Princeton University and Kelly played for and served as an officer of the Wake Forest club volleyball team.
Lloy Ball, Director
- Four-time Olympian including Gold medal at 2008 Beijing Olympics
- Head Coach, Angola High School Girls Volleyball
- Owner and Director, Team Pineapple Volleyball Club
- Owner and Operator, Ball Sports Academy, Angola IN
- Youngest player ever to compete with the national team.
- Played professional volleyball including two seasons in Greece, four seasons in Italy, three seasons in Japan, and six seasons with Zenit Kazan in Russia.
- Played volleyball for his father, Arnie, at IPFW, where he also got a general studies degree.
- Finished with school records for career assists (6,526), block assists (416) and service aces (167)
- Lloy is married to Sarah Ball and they have two children Dyer (11thgrade) and Mia (7thgrade)
Marin Gjaja, Director
- Senior Partner & Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) based in Chicago.
- Leads BCG’s system of offices in the US Mid West
- 1991 Magna Cum Laude graduate of Princeton with a BSE in Civil Engineering and Operations Research. Gjaja also met his wife, Kate ’92, while studying at Princeton.
- 1996 PhD in Computational Neuroscience from Boston University where he was a Presidential University Fellow.
- 35 years of volleyball playing and coaching experience, including Boston University Men’s Volleyball Club, Seaside, Chicago Bounce and Adversity Volleyball clubs.
- Three-time All-American volleyball player and Captain, Princeton University men’s volleyball. Also played Football at Princeton
- 1992 US Olympic Volleyball Team Alternate, team won Bronze in Barcelona
- 2015 EIVA Hall of Fame Inductee
- Gjaja is married to Kate and they have three children Niko, Alexandra and Stefan. Niko is a sophomore at Princeton University and is a setter on Princeton men’s volleyball team
Kelly Goodsel, Director
- CEO & Owner, Viking Plastics, and a member of ownership group, VPI Acquisition, LLC.
- Early career included sales, marketing, research and development and management roles with DuPont
- Holds dual BS degrees in Plastic Engineering and Sales & Marketing from Ferris State University & an MBA from Temple University
- Head Coach, Corry PA High School Volleyball Team, 2016 Pennsylvania State Championship
- Daughter Brooklyn Goodsel played for Ball State’s volleyball team (2016 and 2017 MAC 1stteam)
- Son JP Goodsel currently on the Penn State – Barron men’s volleyball team and son Austin Goodsel currently on the Juniata University men’s volleyball team.
- Daughter MEG plays high school and club volleyball and wife Pat played volleyball at St. Cloud St.
Bruce Lincoln, Treasurer and Director
- President, Innervizion Surf Company
- Serves as Treasurer and Director of the Board of Maggie’s Place, Inc.
- Serves as President of The Camil Van Hulse Foundation
- Served as Director of Real Estate at LFM Inc., where he managed acquisitions, sales, accounting, and property management of a commercial real estate portfolio in Arizona and Hawaii.
- Served Arizona Public Service in a number of accounting and management roles for 15 years early in career.
- Graduated with a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Northern Arizona University
- Married to Christy and they have four children Adam, Rachel, Andrew and Gracie. Adam, Andrew and Gracie all play volleyball. Andrew was Arizona Player of the Year in 2015 and is currently on the BYU Men’s Volleyball team.
Kenny Rogers, Director
- In addition to board role, also serves MotorMVB in an operating role as Director of Strategic Initiatives.
- Spearheads MotorMVB initiatives to grow boys high school volleyball, and increase diversity (Extending our Reach Initiative). Works to identify and support MotorMVB leadership on a state-by-state basis.
- Served as CEO of the Fulfillment Fund focused on making college a reality for students growing up in economically under-resourced communities.
- Served as Executive Director of California Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports.
- Graduated from Princeton University with a bachelor’s degree in 1987 after being two-time Ivy League MVP and captain for the Tigers men’s volleyball team. Masters degree from Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Former Head Volleyball Coach, UC-Berkeley Club Men’s Volleyball, Assistant Coach Harvard University, Head Coach US Women’s Pan-Am Maccabiah Team (gold medal), and has coached boys’ club and girls’ youth volleyball as well.
- Married to Laura. They have four kids, who all enjoy playing volleyball Sam (17) Charlie (16), Maddie (13) and Joe (10).
Scott Siegfried, Director
- Superintendent of the Cherry Creek School District. Cherry Creek serves 55,000 students with over 9,000 employees, and is located in the south suburban Denver area. Scott oversees all general supervision and leadership and has been instrumental on issues ranging from start times to new graduation requirements.
- Siegfried has a bachelor’s from the University of Colorado in biology and kinesiology, a master’s degree from University of Colorado – Denver and a Ph.D. from the University of Denver.
- Serves on the board of the Rocky Mountain Region of USAV Volleyball.
- In addition to serving on the board of MotorMVB Foundation, also serves as Statewide Chair of MotorMVB in Colorado
- Founded Coloradoboysvolleyball.com and is credited for much of the increase of boys playing high school volleyball in Colorado over the last four years.
- Lead advocate for boys’ volleyball in an effort to petition CHSAA for sanctioning. Wrote the by-law that CHSAA has adopted for piloting sports resulting in boys’ volleyball now being on a 2 year cycle towards sanctioning.
- Competed on the track team at the University of Colorado, Boulder
- Married to Laura and they have two children Kristine (19) and Erik (15).
Scott Stowell, Director
- Served as CEO of Standard Pacific Homes from 2012-2015 during which he oversaw the acquisition of Ryland to form Cal Atlantic. Served as Executive Chairman of Cal Atlantic Group from 2015 until 2018.
- Oversaw the merger of CalAtlantic with Lennar Corporation and has since served as a Director on Lennar Corporation’s board since February 12, 2018.
- Serves on the board of Pacific Life Insurance Company.
- Serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors of HomeAid America and on the advisory board of the Orange County Management Association and Pretend City Children’s Museum.
- Member of policy boards of Harvard’s Joint Center for Housing Studies Housing and UC-Berkeley Haas Business School’s Fisher Real Estate Center and also serves on Dean’s Advisory Council of UC-Irvine’s Merage School of Business.
- Holds a B.A. in organizational communications from Brigham Young University and an M.B.A. from UC-Irvine.
- Married to Adrienne and brother Rob played volleyball at BYU
- Oldest son Michael played basketball at Utah State and BYU-Hawaii
- Youngest son Robb played volleyball at BYU
Paul Tashima, Director
- Managing Director, UBS Financial Services Corporate Cash Management Group
- Barrons Top 100 Advisors List 2016 (ranking 15th nationally)
- Received Batchelors degree from UCLA and MBA from University of Chicago
- Serves on Board of Regents for Mercy Home and Professional Council for Philanthropy at Northwestern Hospital
- An avid indoor and beach volleyball player, Paul also coaches club volleyball in the Chicagoland area
- Daughter Taylor Tashima graduated after 4 years as a setter on Northwestern’s volleyball team & is now playing professionally in Switzerland. Daughter Isabelle Tashima currently starting libero on Harvard’s volleyball team.
Wade Garard, CEO and Co-Founder
- Career in philanthropy, entrepreneurship and consulting
- Served as CEO of CRG Fundraising Counsel from 1994-2006
- Oversaw 42 capital campaigns and worked on 18 university campuses
- Served as Executive Director of Phi Kappa Psi Foundation from 2006-2012
- Planned, organized and managed a national $21 million capital campaign from start to finish for national foundation with $38 million in assets.
- Married to Kaki and they have three children Mason (22), Mamie (18) and Avery (7). Daughter Mamie is on San Jose State University’s indoor and beach volleyball teams.